Injured Due To An Anesthesia Error? Ask Us About Your Options.
No matter what procedure you undergo, even a simple one can be risky. But often in cases of surgical malpractice, the cause of the injury or wrongful death may have resulted from an anesthesia error. While doctors and nurses are human and do make mistakes, this does not exclude them from the consequences of their negligence.
If you or a loved one sustained an injury or death because of an anesthesia issue in a Texas hospital, contact Janicek Law today. Let our dedicated personal injury attorneys help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Was Your Anesthesiologist Properly Trained?
Although the role of the anesthesiologist can be just as important as the role of the surgeon, many people do not think about the anesthesia until the day of the operation. The consequences of anesthesia errors can be serious and life threatening.
Patients can suffer brain damage or other serious injuries when anesthesiologists make mistakes such as:
- Administering the wrong anesthesia, which can cause spikes or drops in blood pressure
- Administering too much anesthesia, which can cause severe brain damage
- Administering too little anesthesia, leaving patients awake but unable to move or speak
- Failing to monitor patients’ breathing and heart function
- Failing to check patients’ oxygen levels during operations
- Failing to recognize and act on alterations in blood pressure during operations
- Failing to account for interactions between anesthesia and patients’ other medications
- Failure to properly position a patient’s body on the surgical table to ensure blood flow
As a patient, you should not have had to needlessly suffer pain or worse. If your injury or the death of your loved one was preventable, we will aggressively advocate for your right to recover damages.
We Can Help You Prove Your Case
When it comes to medical malpractice claims, it is not enough to just have an injury. Despite the fact that your life has been irreversibly altered, you must still prove that the damage was due to sub-par skills or care. For this reason, it is vital to the outcome and success of your case to work with an experienced lawyer.
Schedule a free initial consultation with us now. Call our San Antonio office 210-988-9856 today. You may also email us to set up an appointment at your earliest convenience. For those who are unable to come to us, we can make home and hospital visits.