San Antonio Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle Accidents in San Antonio, TX
San Antonio is known for having some of the worst bumper-to-bumper traffic. In fact, the overall likelihood of encountering a reckless driver who is engaging in distracted driving or other types of negligent driving in the San Antonio area is highly probable.
Unfortunately, careless drivers in today’s society don’t fully grasp how significant damages can truly be when auto accidents occur.
In some situations where driver error causes an accident, the accident victim is able to hand over the information and let the insurance company and police involved take over.
But what if everyone doesn’t walk away scratch free; what if that other driver was a motorcycle rider? Even if motorcycle riders wear helmets, this isn’t enough protective gear to keep them safe when they’re hit by a car whose driver isn’t paying attention to the road. In San Antonio, the chances of a motorcycle accident victim walking away with zero personal injuries is rare.
A huge portion of Texas motorcycle wrecks are filed by a family member or loved one, instead of the actual victim, themselves. This is because, more often than not, in motorcycle accidents, the victim has sustained catastrophic injuries, such as a traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injury, that hinders their ability to seek legal counsel for themselves. And, in worst case situations, the accident victim’s family needs to file a San Antonio wrongful death lawsuit.
When a driver error causes motorcycle crash victims their own life, or any other personal injuries, call the San Antonio motorcycle injury lawyers at Janicek Law at (210)-366-4949 for a free case evaluation.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in San Antonio
The most common causes of motorcycle accidents in San Antonio include negligent drivers, negligent vehicle manufacturers, and government agencies.
If you know what caused your motorcycle crash, you’re one step closer to understanding your rights as a San Antonio accident victim. If you can’t identify or prove who caused the motorcycle accident, you can’t really pursue compensation for lost wages, medical expenses, or any other losses you may have incurred as a result of the accident. Our San Antonio personal injury lawyers have the resources needed to investigate the circumstances surrounding the accident and determine whether or not negligence is to blame for your injuries.
For this reason, we recommend speaking with a San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyer at Janicek Law as soon as possible. Our Texas law firm has the resources to fully investigate the factors of the crash, medical records, police report, etc., and determine whether the negligence of another party caused the motorcycle accident and injuries to the biker.
If you’re an injured biker or family member and you need legal counsel in the San Antonio area, call (210)-366-4949 to schedule a free case evaluation. The legal team at Janicek Law has many years of experience in helping suffering families who lost their beloved motorcycle rider to wrongful death.
During the free consultation, an experienced San Antonio car accident attorney will cover the details of the case, and develop a plan to recover compensation. If you have any applicable medical records, having these available at the time of the call may help!
In San Antonio a negligent driver can be held liable in a personal injury lawsuit. Any time an individual has intentions to operate a vehicle, they must do so in a reasonably safe manner.
A San Antonio negligent driver is defined as someone who is:
- Distracted driving
- Aggressively driving (including cutting off motorcycle riders)
- Drinking and driving
- Violating traffic laws (running stop signs, red lights, failure to yield, etc.)
In some cases, a law enforcement officer will arrive at the accident scene and issue a ticket or citation to any drivers who violated the law. If the other driver was drinking and driving, or committed another serious offense, then he or she may be arrested on the spot.
Should the reckless driver become convicted of the offense, then this can potentially be used as beneficial evidence to support your personal injury claim. Even if the other driver didn’t receive a citation, our law office has an experienced San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyer who can gather evidence and help you hold careless drivers accountable for your losses.
Motorcycle accidents in San Antonio don’t just occur from negligent driving. Sometimes a motorcycle accident is caused by a malfunctioning part. Companies that manufacture, build, and sell motorcycles have an obligation to only distribute parts that are proven and tested to be safe for their intended use. The same can be said for the makers of regular and commercial vehicles as well.
If a vehicle manufacturer designs or assembles a vehicle part incorrectly, this could cause the part to become inherently defective. So if the wheels, steering, tires, or brakes on a motorcycle (or any other vehicle) suddenly malfunction, the vehicle operator can lose control and crash.
If you were operating your vehicle, and you believe that your vehicle parts malfunctioned, even if you didn’t hit anyone else, you may be able to file a product liability claim against the vehicle manufacturer. A San Antonio product liability attorney can help you do this.
Motorcycle crashes can also occur when roads, highways, and streets are in a dangerous condition. Government agencies have a responsibility to maintain or repair roads when needed, inspect roads for hazards, and initially design roads for safe driving conditions.
For example, the government may be liable for serious injury if any of the following caused the motorcycle wreck:
- Lack of warning signs in hidden intersections
- Lack of warning signs when there’s a hazard on or near the road
- Large cracks or potholes
- Speed limits that are too high for turns
- Uneven lanes
- Worn out shoulders (or no shoulders)
If any of the stated road hazards caused you to wreck, you may be able to obtain compensation from the city of San Antonio, Texas. Injured victims only have a small window of time for these types of cases. So, you’ll need the help of an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer to help meet the deadlines!
What are Common Motorcycle Crash Injuries?
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, 12% percent of all vehicle fatalities in Texas involve motorcyclists.
Motorcycles are inherently risky vehicles to operate. This risk is exacerbated in the state of Texas, where large and commercial vehicles are often sharing the roads. If a motorcycle driver isn’t experienced or fails to wear the proper protective gear, he or she can sustain serious or life-threatening injuries as a result of the accident.
Our law firm has helped several victims recover compensation via personal injury lawsuits.
The common injuries related to San Antonio motorcycle crashes include:
- TBI such as a subdural hematoma injury or a coup-contrecoup brain injury, both of which can lead to post-concussion syndrome and long-term disabilities. San Antonio traumatic brain injury attorneys can help motorcycle accident victims seek justice and compensation.
- Dislocations and broken bones in car accidents
- Spinal cord injuries, namely herniated discs and injured vertebrae. Spinal injuries can easily lead to paralysis and long-term disability. If this is the case for you after a motorcycle accident, be sure to contact a San Antonio spinal cord injury attorney or San Antonio paralysis attorney today.
- Road rash
- Nerve damage
- Amputated limbs. If you have suffered this type of injury due to a motorcycle accident, be sure to speak with a San Antonio amputation lawyer today about your legal options.
- Leg and foot injuries
- Degloving injuries
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
After a San Antonio motorcycle accident, it is imperative to know what your next steps are for the best possible outcome. Oftentimes, the accident scene can become a blur, causing confusion and overwhelming stress for an injured biker.
Making sure that you’re aware of the following can be of a great help, especially should your personal injury claim move to trial:
- Be cautious in what is said until speaking with a San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyer. Blurting out any unnecessary information could be penalizing to your personal injury claim. You don’t want the police report to document any unintended discrepancies.
- Document any evidence from the scene. You’ll want to take photos, videos, and thorough written descriptions of the events that took place both leading up to the accident, during the accident, and after to the best of your ability. Most of the time, injured victims aren’t in the position to take photos of the scene. If you have a friend or family member that you can trust to take on this task, call them. Or if you believe you may have a personal injury claim, call one of our experienced attorneys and explain your situation.
- Contact your insurance provider and the San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyers at Janicek Law – Make the insurance company aware of the events that have transpired. However, it is equally imperative to contact your trusted San Antonio lawyer to ensure ANY insurance company settlements are fair for the actual damages sustained BEFORE you agree to it.
How a San Antonio Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help
Texas law surrounding motorcycle accident cases can be extremely complex.
Anyone who has sustained serious injuries from a motorcycle accident in San Antonio should seriously consider hiring a personal injury attorney.
It’s critical to have an experienced personal injury lawyer who has the skill and resources necessary to secure the best possible outcome for your motorcycle accident case.
The personal injury attorneys at Janicek Law can help you secure fair financial compensation for damages such as medical bills, missed work, property damage, pain and suffering, etc.
After your motorcycle wreck, our lawyers will be able to help strengthen your motorcycle accident claim by:
- Assessing the facts of your case and determining whether or not you are entitled to fair compensation under Texas state law.
- Explaining how motorcycle accident lawsuits work in the state of Texas. We’ll walk you through every step.
- Gathering evidence that supports your claim.
- Calculating the total extent of your damages, including future damages, and seeking the full extent of those damages.
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Filing your personal injury claim with the proper San Antonio court.
- Negotiating a fair settlement from the at-fault party (or their insurance provider).
- Representing you in court, if necessary.
Call today a San Antonio motorcycle lawyer today to schedule your free consultation.
Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Victims
The amount of financial compensation for every single vehicle motorcycle accident varies.
However, the damages that are awarded to the motorcycle accident victim often includes compensation for the following:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life (in some cases)
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
- Property damages
Regardless of how much or little has been lost, our San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyers are ready to fight for justice on your behalf.
Call a San Antonio Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at Janicek Law Today
The experienced San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyers at our law offices can provide the representation that you need to receive the maximum compensation that you deserve. Our legal team will thoroughly investigate your accident claim and ensure every detail is accounted for. We’ll make sure that you receive fair compensation for everything you’re entitled to, including future medical care, pain and suffering, lost earnings, property damages, and anything else associated with the wreck that causes you and your family suffering.
At Janicek Law, our firm is experienced in representing motorcycle accident victims with claims involving defective motorcycles, defective motorcycle equipment or safety gear, distracted driving, and negligence. Our San Antonio wrongful death attorneys are also experienced in litigating on behalf of family members who have lost a loved one to wrongful death.
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured or died in a motorcycle accident in the San Antonio area, call one of our trusted personal injury lawyers today.