As a patient, you put your faith in the medical staff when you go to a hospital or clinic, and you expect to come out healthier than you went in. Unfortunately, this does not always happen. In some of these cases, the medical practitioner, or hospital or clinic, may have made errors. An error can lead to a claim of medical malpractice.
These are some of the reasons people bring medical malpractice claims:
- Medication errors: Whether it is the wrong medication or the wrong dose, or an adverse reaction to a drug, the effects can be lethal.
- Delayed diagnosis: Speed can be of the essence when it comes to medical issues.
- Wrong diagnosis: Mistakes by medical practitioners can have far more significant consequences than in most jobs.
- Anesthesia errors: Where operations require anesthetics, they use a trained anesthetist to control it. Mistakes can have severe consequences.
- Surgical errors: Some surgeons have cut off the wrong leg, or taken out the healthy organ. While not all surgical errors are as severe, there should still be procedures to stop the mistakes from happening.
- Infection: You go into hospital to get better, not to pick up another problem. Getting infected in hospitals is a huge worry for people in these times.
- Childbirth problems: Injuries, or lifetime damage, can be done to the child or mother.
If you were let down by a medical professional, you need a legal team that will fight for justice on your behalf. While mistakes do happen, medical malpractice is not something you need to accept.